7.14.2011

Dan Read Cosmetics Silver Screen Series Shimmer Foundation

I had actually never heard of Dan Read Cosmetics until reading a post on a blog a few weeks ago. The blogger gave the foundation rave reviews, so I became intrigued. Dan Read Cosmetics was created in 1997, for hi-def television, but also to provide make-up that is paraben-free and made from natural ingredients. After reading a few reviews and researching the company, I was ready to give it a shot. The Shimmer foundation sounds great. It's natural looking (think your skin, but better), lightweight, has SPF 15, is sweat-proof, humidity-proof, smudge-proof, and long-wearing. After reading all this, I thought "sign me up."








Now, I must first warn you that this foundation is color matched by either taking an online questionnaire, or by talking to one of their reps by phone. Returns are not accepted, but they guarantee a match for 95% of customers. I took the online quiz and narrowed it down to about 3 shades, and then called to decide between them. I was matched to Far East 3. (My skin is described as Caucasian with Native American and Cajun French heritage). To put that in English, I am in-between shades #8 and #9 in Armani's Lasting Silk Foundation. When the foundation arrived, I was a little surprised. The compact is slightly larger than a single Stilla eyeshadow, and the make-up is hard as a brick. It is a solid, but goes on like a powder. It also looked a little darker than I expected. This foundation also has a learning curve as far as application goes. I have only found one sponge that works (it's a small white sponge, rectangular with rounded corners. Appx. 1.5 in. x 2 in. I think it's by Cover Girl--sold in pack of 3). Brushes and fingers do not work with this product.



One you figure out the technique, the finish is beautiful. I personally, use this as a finishing powder (in place of my Armani powder) to set my foundation or tinted moisturizer (depending on the day). The shimmer is so fine, it gives a satin-matte finish. It truly looks like you have flawless skin. I applied it over my Armani lasting silk foundation (applied very lightly), worked an 8 hour shift, drove 7 hours to meet my family for vacation, stayed up doing Zumba with my sister till 1am....and it still looked flawless. No touch-ups needed. Amazing!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment