3.01.2011

New Trend: Grey Nailpolish

The newest trend for nails is matte grey nail polish. It looks dark, trendy, and classy, all at the same time. Grey nail polish is beautiful on every complexion, and goes with everything. You can barely read a magazine or visit a beauty blog these days without seeing a feature on Dior Vernis Gris Montaigne (a beautiful, glossy, matte grey). I will admit, I rushed over to Nordstrom to pick up a $21 bottle as soon as it came out, but then my sanity kicked in. I thought I would look around for dupes. 

Well, ladies you are in luck!!! Due to my craze for grey nail polish, I have found 4 colors that are nearly spot-on with Gris Montaigne, and they are all below $10! Below are photos and swatches.

Polishes L to R: Essence Movie Star ($1), Essence Fivepocket Grey ($2), Sephora Moneymaker ($5), Sephora by OPI Break A Leg-Warmer ($9.50)

Swatches L to R: Essence Movie Star, Essence Fivepocket Grey, Dior Gris Montaigne, Sephora Moneymaker, Sephora by OPI Break A Leg-Warmer


Yes, I will admit that the packaging of the Dior polish is very chic, but I don't really plan to stare at the bottle, or to put it on display in my house, I just want to wear the color on my nails! I always use Out the Door Superfast Dry Topcoat (Sally Beauty Supply--$5), so I can get about a week without chips, with all of these colors. With a variety of prices, now everyone can add this must-have color to their collection.


All of these colors were purchased by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment