3.12.2011

Matchmaker Argan Serum Foundation - Review and Swatches

A foundation that color matches and contains the benefits of Argan oil? Could it be too good to be true?!  I had to find out for myself, so I picked up the Josie Maran Matchmaker Argan Serum Foundation.  Retails for about $42 USD.  It is a new foundation that contains 'chameleon' pigments that go on white and instantly adjust to your skin tone.  The formula comes in only 2 colors, light/medium and medium/dark.  I purchased the light/medium.  The foundation is infused with Argan oil, which I love the benefits of.  Read the benefits of Argan Oil here.  


The foundation starts out white (has tiny black dots in it).   The color changes once you start to rub it in. 



Ahhh! As you can see, the color is totally wrong on me!  I liked the texture of the foundation, but the "color match" didn't match at all!  I am very fair skinned and this was very yellow, almost orange.


The above photo is comparing the Josie Maran with my all-time favorite foundation, Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk in #4.  You can see how yellow and dark the Josie Maran is compared to my standard foundation.

Overall, I love the idea of this foundation.  I wish Josie Maran would create this for really fair skin tones with pink undertones, instead of yellow.  I did not apply this to my face because I knew it would not match.  I think this formula would be better for someone with darker/yellow tones.  But for me, it is going back!  Has this worked for anyone else?


This was purchased by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment