6.02.2011

Waterproof Wonders 1: Hourglass Superficial Waterproof Bronzer


As promised, months ago, I will be doing a series of posts called "Waterproof Wonders." These are my favorite waterproof/water-resistant products, without which I could never survive summer!

For my first post, I have chosen a miraculous new discovery, Hourglass Superficial Waterproof Bronzer.







Let me start with a backstory, I have melasma on my face, which only shows up after sun exposure. So, although I get very tan in the summer, my face does not. I keep sunscreen on it at all times. This results in a very dark tan body, and a face that is much lighter. To the rescue, is the Waterproof Bronzer by Hourglass. This is a powder bronzer, that is a nice matte, warm tan. I apply it with Sephora Collection Professional Bronzer Brush #44. It takes a little practice to blend well, but is easiest with this brush. Once on, this stuff is exactly as it says, WATERPROOF!!! I put it on this weekend, and was at the pool all day, in the 98 degree weather. I reapplied sunscreen over it, swam, was splashed repeatedly by my 6 year old, and wiped my face multiple times----it was still there! It was so natural looking, and didn't come off until I cleaned my face that night. If it's not already obvious, I'm in love ;) This is my new HG bronzer!!!!! It might be pricey ($45), but so worth every cent.




**Item purchased by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment