3.17.2011

TEMPTU Airbrush Makeup & Armani Lasting Silk - Reviews and Swatches

We recently received an e-mail requesting more posts about foundation. I know Laura tried a new one this past week, without much luck, so I thought I would share my foundation Holy Grails! I want to start by explaining that I have sensitive skin, which is light to medium olive in the winter and very tan in the summer. There are 2 foundations that I wear on a regular basis, 1 that I wear in summer, and that's it! (Sadly, these are all very pricey, as "drugstore" brands don't seem to understand that some of us have yellow undertones).



My absolute HG foundation is the TEMPTU Airbrush system. It gives flawless, professional airbrushed results, but at home! The AirPod foundation goes on the skin so perfectly, its virtually undetectable. This makeup makes me look like I have great, glowing skin (instead of great foundation). It looks like me, only better! This foundation sprays on, its water-resistant, and last all day and night. They make RETOUCH products, but I haven't tried them, because I never have to touch-up (I put it on at 7:00am, work an 8 hour day, then teach an hour of high-intensity Zumba, and its still on, until I wash it off). I know some of you are thinking that it sounds too good to be true, but beauty does come at a cost. The system is $225, and 2 refill pods are $55. Each pod last me about 2-3 months (or more). I know some of you think this is CRAZY, but it is truly worth the investment!! I recommend getting a demo at your local Sephora, and then begging for this as a birthday, anniversary, Christmas, Hanukkah, graduation, wedding, etc., gift. You're worth it!


I did not photo swatches of this, because you literally can't even see the foundation once sprayed on. It really does "disappear" into the skin. Below L to R: new AIR pod bronzer (amazing, warm tan--so lovely), blush #402 Soft Peach, AIR pod foundation in #6 in warm beige. Bronzer $35 and blush $30 . The bronzer is a must have!!


My second HG is Armani Lasting Silk UV Foundation SPF 20. This was my all time fave, until the TEMPTU. Lasting Silk gives a lovely, natural-matte finish, light to medium coverage, and is very long lasting. It will hold up on a hot, humid day (wore it all day at Disney World in 90 degree weather, and didn't look like a hot mess in the photos!). I wear a mixture of#5.5 and #6.5 in the winter, but go as dark as #8 in the summer. Laura also wears this foundation, and is a #4. My mom and sister are both fair, with blond hair and blue eyes, and they wear #5. I have pretty much gotten everyone I know addicted to this stuff! It is so beautiful on, you'll wonder what you ever did without it!!! I still wear mine on the days I don't feel like airbrushing :) $59


Swatched L to R: #8, #7, #6.5, #5.5 - 


The last foundation I have to give a quick mention to is, Estee Lauder Double Wear Light. It has sheer, oil-controlling coverage, and last 16 hours. I don't want to give away too much, it will be featured in my Waterproof Wonders, still to come....






These items were all purchased by me.

1 comment:

  1. Great articles and great layout. Your blog post deserves all of the positive feedback it’s been getting. http://hairstylesg.com

    ReplyDelete