2.24.2011

Physicians Formula Happy Booster Bronzer and Blush

I was asked to review a few "drugstore" brand items. Always happy for a reason to buy makeup, I picked up a few of the new things by Physicians Formula that I've been seeing in several magazines. I'm not sure about the "Mood Boosting" ingredients of the Physicians Formula bronzer and blush, but just looking at the cute little compacts made me happy :)


The Happy Booster Glow and Mood Boosting Powder in Light Bronzer is a beautiful light golden brown. It has a luminescent finish-similar to MAC Mineralize Skinfinish. Very pretty! I really liked this one!
Swatches for comparison:




L to R: Benefit Hula, PF Happy Glow Light Bronze, PF Cashmere Wear Bronze, BE A Little Sun, BE Faux Tan, Giorgio Armani Sheer Bronzer


The Happy Booster Glow and Mood Boosting Blush in Natural. This blush was actually quite a surprise. Same luminous finish, as the bronzer, very nice color. It actually gave both Laura and I, a very nice flushed look. I am usually not a fan of pink blushes on my skin, but this one looked so natural once it is on the face.



Swatches for comparison:

L to R: Benefit Dallas, PF Happy Booster Blush in Natural, Benefit Bella Bamba

Overall, we both highly recommend the Happy Booster Light Bronzer and Blush in Natural. These looked good on both of our skin tones, and are very similar to more expensive products, for a fraction of the cost. These items range from $10-$13 (I found a drugstore with BOGO, so the cost of each was appx. $8). I did use my own blush brush for application, as the ones in the compact are too small to be any use. The only drawback is that the compact is cheaply made, causing the clasp to fall out easily, and you have to "pop" it back in.


Has anyone else tried these yet? Any thoughts?

2 comments: