3.23.2011

Nars Velvet Lip Gloss 'Club Mix' Duplicates!

A few weeks ago I posted on the Nars Velvet Lip Gloss Pencils ($24), and was sad to report there was no duplicate for my favorite shade, "Club Mix." I have been pining over that color ever since. Well, I am happy to admit that I stand corrected. I was in Sephora yesterday (I know, big surprise), and decided to play around with some of their lipsticks. Sephora Collection Lip Attitude-Star ($12), is somewhere in between a lipstick and a gloss. I tried on S12 (Plum Vertigo) and S11 (Audacious Violet). The Plum Vertigo is a dead-ringer for NARS Velvet Lip Gloss Pencil in Club Mix!!! Same consistency, same color, same shine--everything, but 1/2 the price! I'm pretty sure there was a Hallelujah chorus in the background, when I made this discovery. 



L to R: #1 - NARS Club Mix, #2 - Sephora Plum Vertigo, #3 - Sephora Audacious Violet

Both of the Sephora colors shown above are stunning (they look far different than in the tube), and will look stunning on every skin tone. On a side note, the Audacious Violet by Sephora, looks very, very similar to the now sold-out, limited edition, Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick in Wild Violet. I know you are running out the door to buy these, right now, so once you get back, let us know what you think!


These were purchased by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment